Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 27 January 2013

Third Trimester

We have now gone into the final stretch for this pregnancy. 28 weeks down. I wish we were further along and Aaron wishes we had more time! It's been a long hot summer already, and in Palmy the real summer usually comes along from February and into March. Not looking forward to that as I'm so hot now I'm needing naps just to cool down.

Here is a picture from our 23 week scan - baby was in a breach position so we don't know if this little one is a girl or boy, but look at that cute little nose!


Baby is due Tuesday 16th April. Stacy and Ashleigh have their wedding that Saturday. A bit too close for them to come and see bubs and a bit too early to travel to Tauranga! They'll have to come down some other time to visit their niece/nephew after their honeymoon.


Went to New Plymouth last weekend for my mum's 60th and we were fortunate enough that one of my sisters friend's was selling their cot - a Touchwood! It had quite a few bite marks along all four tops, but Aaron spent Wellington Anniversary day sanding it back (took most of the day, poor thing!). Then this weekend he stained and varnished it. It's now just waiting to be assembled in baby's room.



My sister gave us plenty of baby clothes which was very helpful. While Aaron was sanding I was sorting! Got them into containers by size, and today I washed all the newborn and 0-3 month clothes. Still need to do the cute merino clothes, but I ran out of room and pegs on the line! She also gave us some flat nappies and blankets, so those took up a fair bit of room even hung sideways.


Lots of boy clothes. I forgot to do the little socks, but really, I had no room for those. I guess I'll do them next weekend with the merino clothes and other hand-washing clothes. There were so many little socks! I think I need to get one of those round 'delicates' clothes hangers to keep all the socks safe. Did you see the cute little bear outfits (gray and white)? I'll have to show them some other time. They are so nice and soft to cuddle - I can't wait for our little baby to wear them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment